An Internal Quality Assurance Cell (IQAC) aims to ensure and enhance the quality of education and overall functioning of CAIL. It serves as a mechanism for quality assurance and improvement by implementing various activities and initiatives. Overall, the IQAC serves as a driving force for quality enhancement, institutional development, and accountability within an educational institution.
The vision of the Internal Quality Assurance Cell (IQAC) is to foster academic excellence, enhance a culture of quality consciousness, contribute to the holistic development of students, and continuous improvement in CAIL to meet the evolving needs of society and the global landscape of legal education.
The mission of the Internal Quality Assurance Cell (IQAC) is to facilitate the development, implementation, and sustenance of a robust quality assurance system in CAIL.
The mission of IQAC includes the following:
1. Institutionalization of Quality Assurance
2. Continuous Evaluation and Improvement
3. Capacity Building
4. Documentation and Reporting
5. Collaboration and Networking
6. Accreditation and Recognition
7. Research and Innovation
8. Ethical Practices and Social Responsibility
Overall, the mission of IQAC is to establish a quality assurance system that fosters continuous improvement, promotes stakeholder engagement, facilitates capacity building, and ensures the overall excellence and relevance of higher legal education.
The objectives of an Internal Quality Assurance Cell (IQAC) are as follows:
1. Quality Enhancement: The primary objective of an IQAC is to enhance the quality of education and academic programs offered by the institution. It aims to establish and maintain quality benchmarks in various aspects of the institution’s activities and strives to achieve excellence in all aspects of the institution’s functioning.
2. Capacity Building: The IQAC promotes capacity-building initiatives for faculty and staff members. It provides training, workshops, and professional development opportunities to enhance their skills, knowledge, and understanding of quality assurance practices.
3. Institutional Development: The IQAC contributes to the development and growth of the institution and its faculty members by conducting various programmes and assisting in initiatives to strengthen the overall infrastructure, resources, and facilities.
4. Continuous Improvement: The IQAC strives for continuous improvement in the performance and effectiveness of the institution. It identifies areas for improvement, sets targets, and facilitates the implementation of measures to enhance the overall quality of education.
5. Accreditation and Compliance: The IQAC plays a crucial role in preparing the institution for accreditation and certification processes. It ensures that the institution meets the required standards and guidelines set by external accrediting bodies and regulatory authorities like UGC, NAAC, and BCI
6. Outcome-Based Education: The IQAC promotes the implementation of outcome-based education systems. It focuses on defining clear learning outcomes, aligning curriculum design and delivery, and assessing student performance to achieve the desired educational outcomes.
7. Monitoring and Evaluation: The IQAC monitors and evaluates the institution’s various academic and administrative activities. It collects data, conducts analysis, and provides feedback to stakeholders on the strengths, weaknesses, and areas for improvement, enabling evidence-based decision-making.
8. Documentation and Reporting: The IQAC maintains records, documents, and reports related to quality assurance activities. It prepares and submits necessary reports to external agencies, accreditation bodies, and regulatory authorities, ensuring compliance with reporting requirements.